Billing Solution ArchitectApply For This Position
As a Salesforce Billing Solution Architect, you are a specialist in the Quote to Cash industry with the ability to solve complex back-office billing challenges. In addition to deep technical knowledge, you also possess a strong understanding of billing processes and operations as they apply to subscriptions, order orchestration, activation, revenue recognition, invoice generation, taxation, payment processing, and general ledger (GL) processing and management.
This acumen of unique skills allows you to effectively partner and advise IT, Operations, and Finance sponsors and stakeholders involved with integrated Quote to Cash engagements (CRM, CPQ, CLM, & Billing). It also enables you to serve as a leading architect, where you will lead consultants and developers through transformational initiatives focused on delivering real and tangible business value.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as a role model, thought leader, and industry-leading practitioner for integrated CPQ and Billing Solutions & Services – constantly driving for professional growth and evolution
- Provide sales support and assist in scoping and shaping technical solutions as they pertain to integrated CPQ & Billing proposals and SOWs
- Work as a Solution Architect and core project team member to provide vision and guidance to customer technical teams throughout the project lifecycle
- Lead the technology track of billing-centric Quote to Cash transformational projects including the planning and facilitation of discovery sessions, crafting enterprise solution design, conducting build orchestration, and steering teams through quality assurance planning and remediation.
- Provide hands-on direction and support to consultants and developers chartered to construct the integrated CPQ and Billing solution being developed and delivered to the customer
- Work in conjunction with the Delivery Methodology throughout an engagement to ensure methods and standards are employed to drive high-quality solution design and delivery
- Regularly advise customer executive sponsors and stakeholders regarding the design, development, and operation of the integrated CPQ and Billing solution as it pertains to critical business and technical objectives.
- Foster and grow prosperous customer relationships with technical advocates and key decision-makers throughout an engagement to help facilitate follow-on business opportunity, references, and testimonials, as well as high ranking CSAT scores and client success stories
- Cultivate leading standards and practices for Integrated Billing Solutions, including engagement approaches, methodologies, job aids, and engagement toolkits
- Embrace, live, and regularly demonstrate the values of our client
- Provide support for interviewing, hiring, and technical expertise to ensure we hire the best CPQ & Billing resources
Education and Required Experience
- Comfortable leading and collaborating across multiple implementations simultaneously
- Strong leadership, communication, and political acumen, with a demonstrated professional track record of managing technical teams through ambiguous client environments and challenging transformational programs
- At least 5+ years of experience working as a technology leader and/or solution architect for a successful consulting and/or professional services company, with 3+ years at the enterprise level
- At least 5+ years of experience leading successful integrated SaaS-based CPQ & Billing implementations
- Salesforce Billing & Advanced Billing Specialist Superbadges
- At least 5+ years’ experience with the Quote to Cash process (CPQ, Billing)
- 5+ year history working as a technologist within the Salesforce ecosystem and/or other market-leading SaaS-based billing systems such as NetSuite, Zuora, Zone Billing, Intacct, FinancialForce, SAP, Oracle, and/or other Billing Platforms
- 5+ years of experience with common billing processes and operations practices such as product and pricing models, subscriptions, usage, invoicing, bill cycles and processing, payments, customer disputes, and adjustments, AR, taxation, collections, and revenue recognition including customer transitions
- 3-5 years of exposure and experience regarding payment processing standards and technologies, such as PCI compliance, tokenization, and ACH
- Demonstrated business acumen, with a good command of P&L concepts and a basic understanding of financial management and accounting practices