QA/QC EngineerApply For This Position
Our client is looking for a QA/QC Data Engineer based in either Houston, Texas (USA) or Edmonton, Alberta (Canada). The QA\QC Data Engineer will be involved as part of the drilling optimization team. The position reports to the Manager, Drilling Optimization ETL to design and execute test cases in a Big Data environment, building high test strategy to match design specifications, standards, and user requirements and testing components in an iterative manner through an Agile process.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop, maintain, discover potential flaws, and execute manual and automated test cases using new and existing tools (i.e. Python, Pentaho, SQL, etc.) at various levels including database validation, business rules validation, integration, and service validation
- Work with various teams to perform both functional and non-functional testing, proposing solutions to identified issues and gaps
- Continually expand manual and automated tests by clearly documenting test cases and increasing automated code coverage by creating tools and automation scripts that assist in functional testing and creation of test data
- Lead research and exploration of Quality Assurance testing tools and automation processes to stay with latest industry trends
- Consistently review data QA processes to ensure testing standards and policies are met
Education and Required Experience
- Degree or Technical Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 4+ years Big Data QA experience with a deep understanding of overall QA processes including but not limited to requirement gathering, test case creation and execution, defect management, tracking and troubleshooting issues
- Hands-on experience in ETL and DB testing, data migration, and report validations
- Experience creating test automation and/or scripting with Python
- Experience with Azure data technologies such as Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake is considered an asset
- Oil & Gas experience is a plus
- Familiarity with Pentaho ETL Tool is an asset.
- Interpersonal skills – Is approachable and able to establish trust and rapport with customers, employees, and co-workers. Demonstrated ability to maintain lasting relationships. Able to create a collaborative environment.
- Attention to Detail – Able to use large amounts of information to produce precise and consistent calculations, reports, charts, statistics, etc. Regularly checking and cross-referencing work may be required to ensure accuracy.
- Initiative – Able to identify problems, creatively think of solutions, and decide on the best course of action regarding the situation. Can work under minimal supervision to complete required tasks.
- Communication – Able to articulate to various audiences both through verbal and written communication. Able to listen and influence others, as well as clearly communicate their own thoughts and issues in a clear and concise manner.
- Technological skills –
- Proficient in dimensional data models, data warehouse architecture and ETL design patterns.
- Experience with wide range of technology tools including but not limited to: MQTT, OSI PI, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Spark, Hadoop
- Must have a drive to continually learn and embrace new technology
- Time Management skills – Can prioritize multiple responsibilities, meet deadlines, and estimate time required for completion of tasks.