IoT ManagerApply For This Position
Lead a team to develop loT and automation solutions for the drilling industry. Our client is currently seeking a full-lime loT Engineering Manager to develop, support, and maintain, our operational technologies and data solutions.
This position is in either Houston, Texas (USA) or Edmonton, Alberta (Canada).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement end to end data telemetry infrastructure from edge to cloud
- Supporting Automation team integrating and designing loT solutions.
- Ensure level support for the ETL processes on field equipment (monitor the hourly, daily, monthly batches, troubleshoot and fix issues)
- Maintain and support existing ETL and real time data solutions.
- Interface with third party technology partners to integrate technology.
- Identify long-term solutions, propose, and suggest the most suitable alternatives.
- Develop and maintain data mapping and communication standards and practices.
- Interface with Electrical engineering teams, optimization and IT departments.
- Develop real time data interfaces and dashboards.
- Create and update technical documentation.
- Create documentation on best practice, guidelines, and system architecture.
- Up to 10% travel to remote locations required.
- Manage and expand OT data infrastructure team
- Implement data QA/QC best practices and robust up time performance
- Stay current with rapidly changing technology to develop and define best practices.
- Actively pursue new technology proof of concepts
Education and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years of relevant experience as a Full Stack developer
- Experience with data connectors such as MQTT, Kafka, LoRa, Sigfox, or other loT Protocols
- Experience with ETL processes.
- Experience with Pentaho and Node Red considered an asset.
- Experience with real time dashboarding and analytics
- Understanding of industrial communication protocols such as MODBUS, OPC, OPC-UA, OPC-DA, Profibus, fieldbus, device Net, Ethernet, Serial etc ..
- Experience with database technologies such as OSI-Pl, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, mysql etc.
- Must have a drive to continually learn and embrace new technology
- Industrial experience considered an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of control system design considered an asset.
- Experience with Virtual Machines and server configuration.
- Must be able to work alone or as part of a team.