Software Development Team LeadApply For This Position
What’s the role?
Stony Point is seeking a Software Development Team Lead to lead the development of our cloud based learning application, Digadop. The person in this position will also manage the developers responsible for the maintenance and development of corporate marketing websites. Reporting directly to the President, this role is highly visible to the organization and is integral to the continuing growth of our business.
In this position, you will be responsible for the all aspects of design and development as well as for providing leadership and mentorship to a team of software engineers.
We are looking for a candidate that will roll up their sleeves, manage and execute the entire software development life cycle including technology assessment and selection, requirements gathering, design and architecture, version control management, platform management, release management, database management and, of course, application development. This is a hands-on position requiring strong coding and team leadership skills.
What are we looking for?
- Prior experience with full-stack web development on AWS, preferably using React and Node.js
- Prior experience developing data-driven, public facing websites
- Track record of promotions or growth in previous roles
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Lead a small team of remote developers ranging in skill level from entry-level internship to Sr. Technical Architect
- Provide creative vision as well as managing the planning and implementation of web-based applications
- Conduct a daily team stand-up meeting
- Maintain a product development schedule for multiple products
- Review and prioritize bugs and enhancements
- Manage and execute the full software development life cycle of a cloud-based, commercial software application
- Convert user requirements into design
- Create functional specifications and prototypes for software projects
- Create technical methodologies for engineering solutions to Web-based development problems
- Build user interface applications and back-end databases using various programming and scripting languages
- Gather feedback from users, design and technical staff on application development needs
- Working with RESTful API’s as well as other types of API’s with third parties
Required skills & experience:
- Excellent people and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, CSE, MIS or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of web development experience
- Experience developing and maintaining a large, high-availability, multi-user application on AWS
- Strong relational database administration skills in at least one of the following databases running on AWS: SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Understanding of object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD) concepts and workflows
- Experience developing mobile applications
Preferred skills & experience:
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with React
- Experience with JQuery & JQuery UI
- Experience with Salesforce.com Apex, Visualforce & Lightning Components
- Experience performing integration work with leading CRM, HRM and ERP systems
- Work remotely from anywhere
- Most of the team is based in the US, so you will need to plan on working the hours of 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm US eastern time Monday - Friday. The other hours of your day can be flexible
- Occasional travel (less than 10%) may be required
- $90,000 - $125,000 annually
- Great health insurance with minimal employee contribution
- Vision, dental, life insurance, ADD, STD/LTD, FSA
- 401k with employer match
- Very flexible paid time off plan
About Stony Point:
Stony Point, Inc., a Salesforce Consulting and ISV partner, was founded in 2011 with a focus on helping people who work with Salesforce. Stony Point helps global organizations improve their return on investment in Salesforce by providing comprehensive Salesforce end user training & adoption, digital adoption software, Salesforce technical training, change management, recruiting, permanent placement and staffing services.