Salesforce Systems Administrator with CPQApply For This Position
Our client is seeking a Salesforce Systems Administrator to join our fast-paced Business Systems team. This exciting opportunity works cross-functionally with all areas of the business.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Systems Administration
- Administers complex configuration, integration and maintenance of Salesforce, SF CPQ and other critical business systems.
- Makes system enhancements and modifications based on evolving business requirements.
- Manages data migrations, including ETL and other data transformation activates between systems
- System Operations
- Ensuring that the primary application software(s) for the company are operating at all times.
- On-Call 24/7 for trouble-shooting emergencies regarding systems.
- Trouble-shoots and problem solves system and/or technology issues for all areas of the organization.
- System Security and Integrity (Risk Management)
- Responsible for ensuring company data and systems are adequately safeguarded and protected.
- Responsible for ensuring system and data are adequately backed up and redundant in case of natural disaster, service interruption, etc.
- Strategy / System Improvements
- Develops an understanding of strategic business needs and provide insights and recommendations to company leadership for technological solutions to meet business objectives.
- Lead and facilitate related continuous improvement initiatives and activities
- Drive corporate and departmental objectives and goals to completion by leveraging strong collaborations across internal and external functions and all levels of management
- Work with vendors to provide Proof of Concept trials of new systems for evaluation as necessary.
- Drives continual improvement both technically and functionality, for the betterment of our client
- 3rd Party platform integration and maintenance
- Leads projects to integrate 3rd party software systems with our systems.
- Helps maintain and optimize existing integrations, involved in the our client's enterprise architecture
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a Technology related degree or an equivalent of 10 years of experience.
- 3-4 years’ experience administrating Salesforce and other front/back office systems.
- Experience with Celigo, MuleSoft, JitterBit or other enterprise middleware
- Advanced computer skills and proficient knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs with an emphasis on Excel and Outlook is required.
- Requires professionalism and the ability to work in a remote and independent environment
- Ability to engage and lead team discussions and meetings. Understands team dynamics and works well within a team structure. Delegates responsibilities effectively.
- A mastery of organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities, as necessary. Able to manage large, complex projects. Uses time effectively.
- Ability to make presentations about new strategies, trends in the industry, and company performance to management and inter-department staff.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency.
- Planning / Organization - Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines and shift priorities
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions under pressure that impact both internal and external customers. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments.
- Team player attitude with the ability to work independently.
- Detail Oriented