System AdministratorApply For This Position
Typical Day in the Life
A typical day as a System Administrator may include:
- Provides systems analysis by providing recommendations, assessments, planning, deployment, configuration, systems integration, troubleshooting, problem resolution, and maintenance of operating systems, software applications, web deployed applications, and systems security, ensuring satisfactory performance.
- Delivers technical support via telephone, remote, and one-on-one support within defined client agreements.
- Provides recommendations on how to improve assigned clients' technical environments.
- Continuously creates helpful documentation through the capture of relevant information during each support interaction.
- Escalates support issues to senior level team members or vendors as required.
- Manages, troubleshoots and resolves large scale outages.
- Provides mentoring and technical training for Security & Support Analyst resources.
- Maintains awareness of technology trends and issues, and applies that knowledge to client issues and solutions.
- May participate in community organizations and industry functions.
Who You Are
- You have the knowledge in network technologies including SonicWALL, Cisco and FortiGate.
- You have prior experience with Virtualization platforms.
- You are proficient with enterprise level Microsoft technologies and a high level of professionalism.
- You have experience with Office 365, Azure and VMare.
- You have the ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- You have 2-4 years of experience providing support and troubleshooting workstations and servers.
- You have a bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, infrastructure security or can demonstrate equivalent work experience.
Note: Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.