Salesforce Sharing and Visibility Designer (CTA Path)Learn More
Stony Point developed this mentoring program to guide students through gaining the knowledge, skills, and capabilities to design secure, scalable security models on the Force.com platform and to help students prepare for the Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Designer exam, one of the building blocks of the Certified Application Architect credential which is, in turn, a prerequisite for the Salesforce Certified Technical Architect (CTA) Review Board Exam.
Stony Point's Salesforce Sharing and Visibility designer exam training course is recommended for students who have completed their Salesforce Platform App Builder certification and wish to become Certified Technical Architects. With guided mentorship, this class provides an excellent opportunity to study and practice for the real CTA certification. The CTA certification path is only available to TaaSS subscribers.
A participant in this mentoring program will focus on benefits, drawbacks, trade-offs and best practices of various security and sharing considerations involved in crafting a complex security and sharing model in Salesforce. The following topics will be addressed:
- Usage and implementation of sharing rules, both criteria based and ownership based
- Appropriate object relationships given a scenario
- How Org-Wide defaults may impact a security model
- How Role Hierarchy may impact the decisions made when designing a security model
- How Profile configuration may impact a security and sharing model
- Fundamental concepts around role hierarchy, apex sharing etc to different levels of audience
- Different security capabilities with respect to record visibility, CRUD based security, record level access and the differences between the three
- Limits of declarative capabilities and when a more custom security solution is required with associated risks and limitations
- What Apex Sharing is and when it should be used
- Use cases for complex sharing such as territory management or account teams should be used
- Sharing set concepts in Customer & Customer Community Plus & Partner
- Platform App Builder certification or equivalent experience
- Experience with implementing security models in Salesforce
- 10 week program consisting of a 1hr virtual mentoring session each week plus ~5hrs each week of self-study using Trailhead
There are no alternate class sessions avaialable at this time.