Programmatic Development using Apex and Visualforce in Lightning ExperienceRegister Now
Stony Point developed this Salesforce developer training class to help experienced software developers quickly learn how to become a Salesforce Developer. A student will learn the basics of Apex and Visualforce and best practices for integrating Salesforce with other systems. This class is an alternative to the Programmatic Development using Apex and Visualforce (DEX450) class offered by Salesforce. The Stony Point version of the class offers relevant, real world Salesforce programming examples.
A student successfully completing this class will be well prepared for the Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I exam.
This class is delivered by a senior instructor with many years of real world programming experience and will cover the following topics:
- The fundamentals of declarative development on the Force.com Platform including custom and standard objects, fields, security, workflow, visual flow, and validation rules
- Working with common Force.com development tools, including but not limited to: VS Code, Salesforce CLI, Developer Console
- Understanding the software development lifecycle on the Force.com platform and utilizing the Metadata API, Unmanaged Packages, Managed Packages and Change Sets
- Apex fundamentals, including but not limited to: developing Apex triggers, developing Visualforce custom controllers and controller extensions using Apex, developing email services using Apex, sending emails using Apex and Workflow, and developing test methods.
- Visualforce fundamentals, including but not limited to: Consuming standard and custom controllers and controller extensions using Visualforce, utilizing components within Visualforce pages, and creating custom Visualforce components.
As a participant in this Salesforce developer training class, each student will be given a practice learning environment to use during hands-on exercises during the class. The student will be able to use this learning environment indefinitely after the class without any additional fee.
- Object oriented programming experience
Participants will be performing in-class software installations, and their computer must meet the following requirements:
- Ability to download and install software including the Salesforce CLI, Visual Studio Code and VS Code Extension Packs.
- Ability to create and access an online Salesforce Developer Hub.
- Ability to receive and use Salesforce verification links through their email.
- Latest version of Google Chrome installed and set as the default web browser.