Salesforce Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer (CTA Path)
Stony Point developed this mentoring program to guide students through gaining the knowledge, skills, and capabilities to design an appropriate Salesforce governance framework and manage the development and deployment lifecycle, and to help students prepare for the Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer exam, one of the building blocks of the Certified System Architect credential which is, in turn, a prerequisite for the Salesforce Certified Technical Architect (CTA) Review Board Exam.
Stony Point's Salesforce certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer practice Exam Course is recommended for students who have completed their Salesforce Platform Developer I certification and wish to become Certified Technical Architects. With guided mentorship, this class provides an excellent opportunity to study and practice for the real CTA certification. The CTA certification path is only available to TaaSS subscribers.
A participant in this mentoring program will focus on designing and implementing complex development and deployment strategies, as well as communicating the proposed solution and design trade-offs to business and technical stakeholders. The following topics will be addressed:
- Governance through change management and release management
- Effective deployment strategies
- Capabilities and characteristics of metadata API
- Capabilities and constraints of the tools available for accessing the Metadata API (Ant Migration Tool, Force.com IDE, and Change Sets)
- Source control and continuous integration
- Testing methodologies
- Strategies to restore and back up
- Deployment KPIs
- Platform Developer I certification or equivalent experience
- 10 week program consisting of a 1hr virtual mentoring session each week plus ~5hrs each week of self-study using Trailhead