Salesforce Platform Developer 2
Stony Point developed this mentoring program to guide students through gaining the knowledge, skills, and capabilities to develop, test, and deploy programmatic solutions that are maintainable, reusable, and follow design patterns and object-oriented programming best practices.
Stony Point’s Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II certification course is recommended for students who have completed their Salesforce Platform Developer I certification and wish to obtain their Platform Developer II certification. With guided mentorship, this class provides an excellent opportunity to study and practice for the real PD II certification.
A participant in this mentoring program will focus on advanced programmatic capabilities of the Lightning Platform and data modeling to develop complex business logic and interfaces. The following topics will be addressed:
· Using base-system objects such as the sharing, history, metadata and Chatter objects
· Custom metadata types and custom settings
· Apex managed sharing
· Best practices for Apex triggers
· Dynamic Apex features
· Asynchronous Apex coding and callouts
· Apex integrations using SOAP and REST APIs
· Writing advanced SOQL queries
· Data integration using External IDs
· Designing UI elements with Aura and Lightning Web Components
· Advanced Visualforce concepts
· Identifying common performance issues and strategies for mitigating them
· Techniques and tools for testing Apex and UI elements
· Deployment process, supporting tools and mechanisms
Who Should Take This Class
- Candidates preparing for the Salesforce CPQ Specialist Certification Exam
- Employees who will be involved in a CPQ Implementation
- Platform Developer I certification
- 12-week program consisting of one 3-hour virtual mentoring session each week plus approximately 10 hours a week of self-study using Trailhead and instructor provided challenges and quizzes.