Success Story for Custom Event Scheduling Within Salesforce
Empire Communities was founded over 25 years ago in Vaughn, Canada and operates as one of Canada’s largest master-planned community homebuilders. They have built more than 10,000 new homes and condominiums in Canada and have 4,000 more under development in the U.S.
They also offer commercial, industrial, low-rise and high-rise residential, luxury new homes, and affordable housing.
Location(s): Toronto, ON
Industry: Engineering, Construction, & Real Estate
• Empire Communities had several developments underway in Canada where building lots were selling extremely fast.
• They relied on a manual system to manage new community lot releases, creating disorganization and chaos when prospective homebuyers were lining around the block from the sales center.
• They needed an appointment booking system that would allow buyers to register ahead of time and be automatically assigned a time slot to tour the model home and meet with a salesperson.
• There wasn’t a single centralized system used to track all customer requests and issues across all departments.
• Although the marketing department was using Hubspot effectively, the sales and marketing teams wanted a more complete integration between Salesforce and Hubspot.
• Stony Point deployed and implemented a custom event management system that is built directly on the Salesforce platform.
• Interested buyers now visit Empire’s website and register their contact information, automatically creating a contact record within Salesforce.
• Prior to a community launching, Empire’s marketing team can send an email inviting just those contacts to sign up for a time slot at one of these events.
• Included in the email is a link that directs homeowners to a branded page developed using Salesforce Sites where they can register for an available time slot.
• After registering to attend, the buyer receives an automated confirmation email and the appointment information is provided to the sales team.
• Since the prospective buyer is already a contact in Salesforce, Empire’s sales reps have a ready-made record to manage Activity and the process of that sale.
• This custom system allows Empire Communities to manage the crowds of prospective buyers at sales events.
• With home buyers entering their own information in to the registration system, Empire’s employees are able to save time by not creating records manually.
• Events are scheduled automatically and email reminders are also autonomous.
• Those prospects are automatically added to automated marketing campaigns based on their preferences and marketing is able to execute more personalized email campaigns.
• Prospective homebuyers are also able to save time by not having to wait in long lines, only having to arrive at the time of their guaranteed appointment.
• Empire Communities has been able to improve customer engagement by using technology to enhance the entire customer journey, from prospect to a lifelong, satisfied customer who refers friends and family.
Now that customers have scheduled time slots at community launch events, the number of Empire employees required to attend a launch event has been greatly reduced. Rather than having dozens of employees on hand to manage the crowd of hundreds of customers all day long, only the sales people need to attend.
Not having to wait in line with hundreds of other people has greatly improved the customer experience and customers collectively save thousands of hours per event.